For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we, Henbury Travel, are the Data Controller for this website (the “Site”).
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
Information we may collect from you.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide in order to make a travel booking or purchase any other services via this Site
- Information you provide in order to enter a competition or promotion via this Site, complete a survey, or if you report a problem with this Site
- If we ask you for your contact details for future marketing use, although you have the option to opt-out of such use.
- Details of transactions you carry out through this Site and of the fulfilment of your bookings.
- Details of your visits to this Site (including, but not limited to, traffic data and location data) whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email or other correspondence.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To provide you with information and offers that we or selected third parties feel may interest you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of The Midcounties Co-operative, which means the Group’s subsidiaries, the ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006, to relevant third parties who will supply the travel arrangements or other services you request, to Government bodies and other authorities to whom we are legally obliged to pass your data (e.g. border agencies of countries you intend to visit) and to relevant third parties for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your rights & Access to your personal data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking/unticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to: The Data Controller, Henbury Travel, P.O. Box 670, Macclesfield, SK10 9PA
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to check that your personal data is being processed lawfully (“subject access right”). Your subject access right can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any subject access request must be made in writing to the above address and may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of any personal data we hold about you.
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our principals, suppliers, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for these 3rd party websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.